Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Baby's Growing Up...















I guess it's official now that my baby is growing up. He had his first full day of school on Tuesday and then was back today for more fun and games (and a few tears but I guess that's part of growing up sometimes).



He was so excited walking to the bus that first day. He told everyone he saw (including some construction workers) that he was going to school for the WHOLE day. His excitement lasted until he was standing in line to climb on the bus. He turned around to look at my husband and I with a tearful, crumpled up face and said "Mommy I want you to sit with me". Thank goodness for sunglasses! Man, I'm getting teary again just writing about it!

Here's a few pictures of the first day.


I hope they go in the spot where I want them to go!!
Of course they didn't go in the spot where I wanted them to go (after the writing) but at least I got them in the right order this time. There's one more I want to add but it would only let me put in 5. I guess I might have to do another post!
As for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle quilt... I sewed 1 block and then put it on hold when I found out he didn't need a blanket for school. I'll get back to it soon I hope so he can use it as a lap blanket this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment