Tuesday, February 24, 2009

C10 - Patriot's Lattern

Next I wanted to try a harder block - but still something I could do with rotary cutting/machine piecing. For some reason I picked C10 - Patriout's Lantern. For various reasons it took me quite a while with this block but I finished it Feb. 17th. I think it looks better "in real life" than it does in this scan.

I did have some trouble with my iron leaving marks on this one so I cleaned my iron (twice) and finally figured out that maybe I had my iron too hot. Either way, my iron is now shiny clean. We'll see if I get marks on any other blocks.

I've been spending time with my Dear Jane software and computer lately. I've printed out some of Brenda's lessons and some patterns. I'm thinking about trying foundation piecing next... or machine applique. Hhhmm... Decisions, Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment