Saturday, March 7, 2009

What was I thinking?

For some reason I decided to keep going with Brenda's lessons. I started working on Papa's Star today - the center star. It was really teeny tiny pieces but it was mostly rotary cutting and sewing which is within my comfort zone. I'm going away for a couple days though starting tomorrow so I probably won't have a chance to work on the rest of the star (and try paper piecing for the first time) until I get back. I don't have a picture but my center star turned out not too badly. My points don't all line up exactly but I'll see what it looks like as I keep working on the block. The pieces are so small I'm not sure I could get them lined up any better even if I tried again. Maybe it would even be worse.

I had hoped to have a couple of the applique blocks ready to take with me to work on but it doesn't look like that'll be happening. Oh well... probably won't have time to work on them anyway! Talk to you when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment